Sunday, August 31, 2008

Social Benefits of Freecycle, Ghostly Benefits of Duaflex

I posted on Freecycle that I was looking for an old Kodak Duaflex camera. There's a small group of photography fanatics who've discovered that shooting through the viewfinder of the Duaflex with a digital camera results in pictures with a unique vintage feel. I got a response from Nina who I'd met once before and when we met to hand off the camera, we decided to have dinner. Nina has a room for rent and after dinner I went to check it out for my friend Lance who's looking for a new place. Nina's apartment was a wonder to behold, and I captured some of the assorted decor including the paintings that are just below the camera which are Nina Decker originals.

(Above) The Duaflex


















1 comment:

Mary E.Carey said...

wow, great decor. I like this idea of taking photos through the old lens. I have been taking photos of old slides through the lens on a vintage slide viewer.