Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chance Juxtapositions? Depictions of Dreams? Utterly Random Images with no Connections?


One of the ways I sublimate my desire and keep myself from pondering the void is through collage. It's paper, scissors, and glue. No photoshop. The one above was a gift for my sister called "Doing Some Filing." Two collages from 2005 are below. I think collage is poetry, not of words but of images. The process feels the same to me when I do either and they come together sometimes in very similar ways. The common thread is I don't know what, if anything, I'm actually "saying" and yet the results are often loaded with coincidence... odd connections and suggestions I didn't plan at all.

(Above) "Deus Ex Machina" (Below) "Embedded"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know , Jim Neill, you were born to poetry, collage and blog. They ARE ALL OF A PIECE and you realize them beautifully...Bowing
Bapu

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim! I love your art...maybe if you are bored one day, you can do a a piece of what you think my journey looks like. :)