Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Black Mary Poppins

Check out these cool new Black Cinema stamps I got at the post office. They've been coming up with some great ones lately. Including stamps with cloud formations. (Found 'em! See above!) I don't collect them. I use them as an incentive to write letters. I hate wasting them on bills but I imagine it adds a little joy or at least color to the accounts receivable staffs. These stamps made me think of Shaft with Isaac Hayes which came out long past the era that these movies were made.


I always loved the cover of "Walk On By" on this LP but side one is the beast, comprised of one song from needle drop to run off groove: "Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic" which is essentially a song, or at least a title, based on a Mary Poppins song which I feel no need to spell out here. I think a movie called "Black Mary Poppins" is a movie I would go to see.

No comments: