Sunday, December 7, 2008

Barf Bag Art



Maybe I'm late to the game but did anyone know that air-sickness bags are treated by some as collectible works of art? I love it when artwork makes its way onto everyday things. Here are a handful I've come across. You can lose yourself for hours looking at scans of these things. The four above and the first five below are Virgin Atlantic bags. I like the simple approach too, as shown on the bag at the bottom right. The horizontal one, from an unknown airline, looks like a puking cloud, right? Click any for full size view.








Air Force One Bag (below) The Holy Grail of barf-baggery: sadly generic, totally unlike the version depicted in the film Independence Day.
"Motion sickness bag (For use during moments of stomach upset): If an upset stomach is anticipated, remove bag from this container and keep ready for use. Do not be embarrassed by this precaution as even veteran travelers are subject to occasional motion sickness."
Four more assorted designs:

2 comments:

Mary E.Carey said...

This is 100 percent news to me.

Jeffrey Byrnes said...

I love your blog. Thanks for posting photos of the new bridge, I havent been up there since last week, so I havent seen it yet.

Jeff

http://www.lenshare.com