Monday, March 9, 2009

Other Strings...and things.

Music possesses much richer means of expression and it is a more subtle medium for translating the 1000 shifting moments of the feelings of the soul. -Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky
Thanks to the Soundboard Forum on MassLive for this link to the Other Strings blog; home to some creative and bizarre stringed instruments.
When I hear music I fear no danger. I am invulnerable I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times and to the latest. -Thoreau The power of music to integrate and cure. . . is quite fundamental. It is the profoundest nonchemical medication. - Oliver Sacks "Awakenings" Here's another case of stringed wingnuttery. The Bowafridgeaphone.
Take THAT John Cage! Check out more Odd Music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cigar Box Ukele

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMn1O8AgXw